Monday, April 21, 2014

Ten Questions with Jeffrey Beruan

Ten Questions with...




Jeffrey Beruan, bass
Warden George Benton
in Dead Man Walking












1. My favorite thing about being a singer is: 
Sharing my talent with others and making music.

2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is: 
Trying to make singing look easy.

3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is: 
Lucia di Lammermoor with my wife as Lucia!

4. A few of my favorite films are:
The Fifth Element, most of the Rocky movies, The Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, and The Big Lebowski.

5. Three things I can’t live without are:
My wife, great food, and music.

6. My number one hobby is:
Right now, it is jogging daily!

7. If you could perform with any singer, retired or deceased, who would it be? 
Cesare Siepi.
 
8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in? 
Accounting.

9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing because it’s the wrong voice type/gender? 
Canio in Pagliacci.

10. Describe your favorite moment on stage. 
My favorite moment on stage was when I was the King in Aida with Portland Opera, when I had to step onto a moving turntable during the Triumphal March and somehow managed not to fall over despite the long, heavy robe of my costume. Also, during that same scene, getting to have Greer Grimsley and Lisa Daltirus singing away with me! 


See Jeff in Madison Opera's production of Jake Heggie's Dead Man Walking April 25 and 27 at Overture Hall. Tickets start at just $18!

No comments: