Friday, January 23, 2015

Three Questions with Four Choristers, Part II

Three Questions With...
Dale Kaufman, mezzo
Kenny Lyons, tenor
Alannah Spencer, soprano 

Tom Stone, baritone
Madison Opera Chorus, Sweeney Todd



1.  What is your day job?

Dale: I am a middle school social worker in the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.

Kenny: Junior voice student at UW-Madison.

Alannah:
Student at UW-Madison studying voice and anthropology.

Tom:
Information Technology Consultant.


2.  What are you most excited about for Madison Opera's Sweeney Todd?
Dale:
Where do I start?????  I love the music of this show!  It is beautiful and dramatic.  I have never been in a Sondheim show, so I am very excited by the challenge! The story is compelling....Sweeney is such a sad character.

Kenny: I am excited to be in my first Sondheim show with a professional company!

Alannah: I'm most excited about seeing the chair!  (And maybe trying it out...?)

Tom: I am excited that it is challenging and brilliant, musically.  It requires a high level of production expertise and musical talent to bring it off well and I feel lucky that I can be a part of this show.
 
3.  What is your favorite show that you've been in?
Dale:
Probably Dead Man Walking.  It was an amazing journey for everyone... cast, crew, audience.   I was so grateful to be part of it.

Kenny:
  Dead Man Walking.

Alannah:
My favorite Madison Opera moment was during the party scene in Don Giovanni. I had this bit where Don Giovanni (Kelly Markgraf) helped me off the floor. On opening night, after helping me up, he kissed me right on the lips. The experience was both surprising and not altogether unpleasant ;)

Tom:
A concert version of Candide as put on by Four Seasons in Madison.  Singing the Bernstein music was really special.



Don't miss the chance to see these four amazing singers in Sweeney Todd, a thrilling American masterpiece!  Performances are February 6, 7, and 8 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: