Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ten Questions with John Irvin

Ten Questions With...


John Irvin, tenor
Count Almaviva in The Barber of Seville







1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Atlanta, Georgia.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Music production / song-writing.

3.  My favorite opera is...
Massenet's Werther.

4.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
A Wendy's double cheeseburger.

5.  People would be surprised to know that...
I make hip hop beats as a hobby on an MC-808, one of my most prized possessions.

6.  What is your favorite song to belt out in a bar / the shower / at karaoke?
"Oh! Darlin'" by The Beatles.

7.  What is your pop culture guilty pleasure?
The Walking Dead.

8.  A few of my favorite films are...
Heat, Jackie Brown, Blade Runner.

9.  If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would we see on your recently-played list?   
Meek Mill, Neil Young, The Notorious B.I.G., Horace Silver, and Bill Evans.

10.  What is the best or worst costume you've ever worn? 
Best AND worst costume was a mummy costume I wore in first grade for Halloween.  I was wrapped completely from head to toe in gauze... It looked great, but I couldn't move an inch!

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  Excuse me, sir, would you like a bag of money?
A:  Why yes, I would love a bag of money.  Thank you!


Don't miss the chance to see John in The Barber of Seville, a classic operatic comedy!  Performances are April 24 and 26 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: