Monday, July 20, 2015

In the Park with Anna Laurenzo

In the Park with...


Anna Laurenzo
Mezzo, Opera in the Park






1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Des Moines, IA and grew up 15 minutes away in the suburb of Urbandale, IA.

2.  What is in your ideal picnic basket?
If someone packed me up a picnic with a nice bottle of Pinot Noir, a variety of Wisconsin cheeses, hummus, and pita chips, I would be a happy girl.

3.  My most memorable moment performing outside was...
I've never performed opera outdoors before!

4.  My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
Luke Bryan's Farm Tour outdoor concert in Tallahassee, FL was truly amazing.  It had it all:  cowboy boots, pickup trucks, and crowds singing along with live country music out under the stars!

5.  My favorite summertime activity is...
Playing lawn games.

6.  My ideal vacation is....
Up north sitting on a lake in Minnesota with a cooler, limited cell phone reception, and the people I love.

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  What is one quality you wish you could change about yourself?
A:  My highly competitive approach to board games.  I absolutely love them all and it's always fun, until I start losing....


Join Anna for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 25 at 8pm in Garner Park.  FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: