Tuesday, July 21, 2015

In the Park with Harold Meers

In the Park with...


Harold Meers
Tenor, Opera in the Park






1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born on Long Island, New York, but was raised in Pittsburgh, PA and Visalia, CA.

2.  What is in your ideal picnic basket?
Salami, soppressata, prosciutto, cheeses, and crackers.  And perhaps a vodka and soda...

3.  My most memorable moment performing outside was...
Watching the sun set over the horizon while singing La Bohème in Minneapolis.

4.  My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
Hearing my wife sing with the San Francisco Opera Orchestra in Golden Gate Park.

5.  My favorite summertime activity is...
Golf.  No contest.

6.  My ideal vacation is....
Either a golf vacation to Scotland or enjoying the sun and blue water of Hawaii (and they have golf there, too!).

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  If you could possess any other skill, what would it be?
A:  I'd love to have the ability to play killer jazz piano.


Join Harold for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 25 at 8pm in Garner Park.  FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: