Saturday, January 30, 2016

Ten Questions with Rick Henslin

Ten Questions With...

Rick Henslin
, baritone

Gideon March iLittle Women



1.  Where were you born / raised? 

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I currently work for GE Healthcare.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
Rigoletto chorus with Madison Opera.

4.  My favorite opera is...
Carmen.

5.  My favorite pre/post-show meal is...
A nice lightly-breaded perch or walleye.

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I didn't step on the stage for 18 years while my kids were young.  I returned to the stage in 1996.

7.  My favorite book to read growing up was...
Anything by Stephen King.

8.  If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists / songs would we see on you recently-played list?
John Hiatt, Paul Thorne, Bruno Mars, Frank Sinatra, Banda.

9.  What is the worst costume you've ever worn?
The Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz.

10.  Everyone should see Little Women because....
It is a wonderful introduction to contemporary opera if you have only heard traditional pieces.


Don't miss the chance to see Rick in Little Women, as this beloved American classic comes to vivid musical life!  Performances are February 5 and 7 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: