Monday, March 28, 2016

Ten Questions with Robert Goderich

Ten Questions With...



Robert Goderich, tenor
SpalanzaniThe Tales of Hoffmann





1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Born in Miami, Florida... raised mostly in Deer Lodge, Montana.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Chef, a singing chef.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Tender Land by Aaron Copland.

4.  My favorite opera is...
Sweeney Todd, Dead Man Walking.

5.  My favorite pre/post-show meal is...
I try not to eat too soon before a show, but post-show... anything gluten-free.

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I just started taking voice lessons about a year ago.  I also tend to tap dance when I'm nervous. 

7.  One of my favorite books is...
To Kill a Mockingbird.

8.  If we were to turn on your ipod / music listening device right now, what five artists / songs would we see on you recently-played list?
Hoffmann, Chicago the musical, La Cage aux Folles, Spamalot, and Sweeney Todd.

9.  What is the worst costume you've ever worn?  Or if no such costume, what was the best costume?
I once wore a Pan costume with faux fur pants and walked around on golden paint cans.  I know, right?  Best and worst.... 

10.  Everyone should see The Tales of Hoffmann because....
The music is beautiful.  Also a singing and dancing doll...  How can you say no to that?!

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  Who would play you in a Lifetime movie of your life?
A:  Me!   

Don't miss the chance to see Robert in The Tales of Hoffmann, an extraordinary work that is equal parts fantasy, realism, and genuine passion.  Performances are April 15 and 17 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: