Saturday, October 29, 2016

Ten Questions with Emily Birsan


Ten Questions with
Emily Birsan, soprano
Juliet in Romeo and Juliet








1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Appleton, Wisconsin, and I moved around Wisconsin, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Iowa, before I settled in Neenah, Wisconsin for most of my schooling.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I'd be in the arts in some way.  Or a therapist!

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Magic Flute.

4.  My favorite opera is...
La Traviata.

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
Protein and veggies!

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I am a major goofball.  My grandpa used to call me a "firecracker." :) 

7.  A few of my favorite books are...
Books about self-awareness - Tich nhat Hanh.

8.  What do you like to binge-watch?
My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Transparent.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joni Mitchell, Maya Angelou, Pablo Picasso, and President Obama.

10.  Everyone should see Romeo and Juliet because....
One's first true love is indescribable, but join us in trying to portray it.

Don't miss the chance to see Emily in Romeo and Juliet, as Shakespeare's classic work comes to ravishing operatic life.  Performances are November 4 and 6 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: