Monday, February 6, 2017

Ten Questions with Joshua Stewart

Ten Questions with
Joshua Stewart, tenor
Charlie Parker
in Charlie Parker's Yardbird



1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I guess I would be an OB/GYN for Doctors Without Borders. 

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
Albert Herring when I was 16. I sang the role of the Vicar.

4.  My favorite opera is...
... yet to be written. I believe in the future of music and the arts. The best is yet to come .... 

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
Vegan stuffed peppers. 

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I was a professional jazz singer when I was a kid. 

7.  A few of my favorite books are...
A Doll's House by Ibsen and A Cherry Orchard by Chekhov. 

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Nature documentaries. 

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
I would LOVE to have dinner with my parents, my nephew and my deceased brother for a good ol' fashioned family dinner. 

10.  Everyone should see Charlie Parker's Yardbird because....
It's a wonderful tribute to an incredible artist that changed jazz and music forever.

Don't miss the chance to see Joshua in Charlie Parker's Yardbirdthe Midwest premiere of this acclaimed new opera about the legendary saxophone player.  Performances are February 10 and 12 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: