Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ten Questions with Amanda Woodbury

Ten Questions with
Amanda Woodbury, soprano
Pamina in The Magic Flute




1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Phoenix, but I grew up in Dallas.  I lived in England for 3 years when I was a kid. 

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Crime fighting! 


3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Magic Flute!  I sang First Lady. 

4.  My favorite opera is...
La Traviata.

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
Pre-show is smoothies and post-show is pizza. 

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I lived in England as a child. 

7. The musical instrument that I wish I could play is ...
The cello!

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Heroes.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
My four siblings, because spending time with my family is my favorite thing to do. 

10.  Everyone should see The Magic Flute because....
It has everything!  Romance, magic, action, mystery and comedy. 


Don't miss the chance to see Amanda in The Magic Flute, Mozart's sublime opera that is part fairy-tale, part adventure story, and all enchantment.  Performances are April 21 and 23 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: