Monday, April 3, 2017

Ten Questions with Kelsey Park

Ten Questions with
Kelsey Park, mezzo-soprano
2nd Lady in The Magic Flute


 

1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Washington State, but grew up in Nebraska.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I probably would have followed my mom's career in architecture/interior design. 

3.  The first opera I was ever in was ...
Die Fledermaus

4.  My favorite opera is...
Gounod's Faust: it was the first professional opera I saw while in college. 

5.  My favorite post-show meal is...
Any pub-food!

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
When I was in second grade, I said I wanted to be an opera singer. I didn't grow up in a family of musicians and thought the idea of wearing a viking helmet while singing was a good one. 

7.  The musical instrument that I wish I could play is ...
I've always loved the cello but I don't play it. 

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Any show with my husband.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Daniel (my husband) and myself with my two grandfathers. Both shaped my life in ways I'll never know and I wish my husband could have known them in person and not just memories. 

10.  Everyone should see The Magic Flute because....
It's a classic! 

Don't miss the chance to see Kelsey in The Magic Flute, Mozart's sublime opera that is part fairy-tale, part adventure story, and all enchantment.  Performances are April 21 and 23 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: