Tuesday, July 18, 2017

In the Park with Joseph Mechavich

In the Park with...

Joseph Mechavich
Conductor, Opera in the Park





1.  Where were you born / raised? 

Long Lake, Minnesota (western suburb of Minneapolis).  I currently live in Philadelphia: The City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection.

2.  What is in your ideal picnic basket?
A delicious rosé from Provence.

3.  My most memorable moment performing outside was...
... conducting the Star Wars Suite with the Florida Orchestra for 15,000 souls in Raymond James Stadium/Tampa... especially Darth Vader's Theme... Jumbotron!!!

4.  My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
...anything and everything at Tanglewood.

5.  My favorite summertime activity is...
...(see number 2)

6.  My ideal vacation is....
...lying on a deserted beach and drinking (see number 2).


Join Joseph for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 22 at 8pm in Garner Park.  FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: