Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Ten Questions with Studio Artist Megan Ott

Megan Ott – Mezzo-Soprano

1. Where were you born/ where were you raised?
Erie, Pennsylvania.

2. If you weren’t a vocalist, what profession would you be in?
Voiceover actor. I am currently perfecting my “operatic chipmunk voice.”

3. The first opera I was ever in was…
Amahl and the Night Visitors. I was the Page!

4. My favorite opera is…
La Cenerentola

5. My favorite post-show meal is…
Post-show, I love eating Italian food and having a nice glass of wine.

6. People would be surprised to know…
I can solve a Rubik’s cube in 47 seconds.

7. I like to binge-watch…
The Office. Lately I’ve also been watching Ozark.

8. What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Abe Lincoln, Ellen DeGeneres, Gael García Bernal, and Salvador Dalí.

9. What is the best costume you’ve ever worn? 
It was in a production of The Magic Flute, when I sang the Third Lady. The costume was steampunk meets super woman, all tied together with glowing lightning bolts.

10. Why should people go to the opera?
Because it is a chance for them to step out of reality and into something magical for a few hours. It is a chance to find peace and can be extremely healing, especially with all of the negativity in our world right now.

11. Bonus: What’s one question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer)?
Q: Where do you want to travel to next?
A: Iceland is somewhere I’ve been itching to explore.

Don't miss the chance to see Megan all year long, on our mainstage and in our community.  Visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: