Tuesday, October 24, 2017

10 Questions with Anna Polum

Anna Polum, Soprano
Frasquita - Carmen


1.  Where were you born? Where were you raised?

I was born in Everett, Washington and raised on Kodiak Island, Alaska.

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?

I would be a speech pathologist.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…

Carmen!

4.  My favorite opera is…

La Boheme

5.  My favorite food to cook or eat is…

I love Thai and Korean food. 

6.  People would be surprised to know… 

The pupil in my left eye is bigger than the pupil in my right eye. 

7.  If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…

I would love to travel all over Scandinavia - my family is mostly Norwegian and Swedish heritage, so I think it would be really interesting to go back to where my ancestors are from. 

8.  I like to binge-watch…

The Office and Law and Order. 

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?

Leontyne Price, Daniel Day Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Marion Cotillard.

10.  Everyone should see Carmen because…. 

I think Carmen is one of those operas that is probably most relatable to a cinematic experience. There's constant action, movement, and drama, not only plot and character wise, but in the music as well. 







Don't miss the chance to see Anna in Carmen, Bizet's breathtaking opera. Performances are November 3 & November 5 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: