Wednesday, October 25, 2017

10 Questions with Benjamin Liupaogo

Benjamin Liupaogo, Tenor
Remendado - Carmen

1. Where were you born? Where were you raised?

I was born in Castro Valley, California and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?


I would probably go into nursing or a medical field.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…

Orpheus in the Underworld by Offenbach.

4.  My favorite opera is…

Il Trittico by Puccini or La Bohème by Puccini.

5.  My favorite food to cook or eat is…

I love Polynesian Island Food. e.g. Loco Moco, Spam Musubi, cooked green banana, or taro with coconut milk.

6.  People would be surprised to know… 

…that I like to sit on the sand by the ocean and listen to the waves.

7.  If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…

...the South Pacific/Polynesia area to visit not only homeland but all the other nearby islands.

8.  I like to binge-watch…

House of Cards.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?

Jill Scott, Michelle Obama, Leontyne Price, and Viola Davis.

10.  Everyone should see Carmen because….

…of the music and the fabulous cast.
 

11.  Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).

Q: What is your favorite holiday throughout the year?
A: Christmas because I get to spend it with my family and because I am home in San Francisco.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Don't miss the chance to see Benjamin in Carmen, Bizet's breathtaking opera. Performances are November 3 & November 5 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: